Friday, March 20, 2020

Painting of John Doe - English Setter

This painting was recently finished.   The painting is a portrait of a beautiful English Setter, John Doe - BISS, GHC Sea Island’s Kadon Code Blue.


dawnsecord.com


I love painting English Setters.   Painting them takes more time than some breeds.  It is a full time "checks and balances" to make sure I have the markings correct.  I usually use a ruler and have a large photo taped next to the painting as well as the image on my computer screen next to my easel.   The computer allows me to zoom in on fine details.  The photo allows me to use a ruler and measure back and forth between the painting and the photo comparing the placements of the markings. 

The primary reference pose was John Doe sitting on a grooming table at a dog show.  We can see he was having a great time.  My dogs love going to the shows - lots of pampering - seeing new people - making new friends - and....lots of TREATS!  What a beautiful boy.

dawnsecord.com/commissioninformation.html


Thank you Frazier for having me paint this special boy.

If you are interested in commissioning a painting of your dog, please email me at fff@linkline.com


No comments: