Thursday, August 19, 2010

Bob and Billie


This is a commission of two mixed breed dogs - Bob and Billie. I met their owners at a show over a year ago. To my surprise, I went to the post office one day and found an album of photos and a request to paint their dogs.

Many months later my husband and I were at a dog show in their area. We decided they should bring Bob and Billie over to the show grounds so we could meet the dogs in person and I could take additional reference photos.

It was a thrill to meet the dogs and spend time with their owners. They had a previous commission done of a dog since passed. In that painting were daffodils. So, to tie the paintings together it was requested that daffodils be in Bob and Billie's painting too.

Thanks so much for the honor of painting your dogs!

No comments: