Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Irish Setter and Cowboy Boots


"Boots 'n Boys" is a pastel painting of an Irish Setter by artist, Dawn Secord.

This is a pastel painting of Luc, an Irish Setter. His human mom sent me a photo of him laying on his father's lap. Instantly I was drawn to the jeans and cowboy boots. Being from Texas - this scene just melted my heart.

The lines of light that are being cast from the blinds gave an interesting feeling to the composition. In the photo the lines of light were also across Luc's face. With artist liberty I chose not to include those as they took away from this gentle boy's expression.

This painting is available on greeting cards. To purchase please click here!

To see more of my work please go to my website at http://www.dawnsecord.com/. As always - thankyou for looking!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so loving this Dawn! Plain gorgeous!

Michele Magic said...

And you posted it on my birthday, Oct. 15. For THIS Irish setter lover, that is a HUGE sign!!!! An absolutely BEAUTIFUL work of art!!!