Tuesday, July 2, 2024

Jackson - a portrait of an Irish Setter

This is a painting of Jackson - (GCHG Ramblin' Red Slamdunk Buckpasser MH RN DN CGCA TKA)

I have watched him grow on line and at shows since he was a pup.   It was exciting to receive a call from his owner, Gerry, asking me to paint his portrait.   When I hear people talk about Jackson, I always hear "He is such a fun dog."   Beauty and brains with personality.  Who can ask for more.


Here are some words his main person shared with me:

Jackson loves everyone!  He is a versatile dog that excels in having a job to do whether hunting, rally or conformation.   He has the sweetest personality.  He has his Master Hunter title thus the nod to the pheasant in the background of his painting.   He has also had many achievements in the show ring with his breeder/co-owner Peter Kubacz most notably Best of Breed at the 2024 ISCA National Specialty, Best in Show and Multiple Best in Specialty shows.   As he enters his senior years, I am seriously considering therapy dog training so he can make visits to our local nursing home and share his love.


It has been an honor to paint him.  Thank you Gerry!



No comments: