Monday, May 22, 2023

Painting of Trevor, an Irish Setter

 Trevor was a special dog.   I was thrilled when I was asked to paint him.  Many years ago, I spent time with his canine mother (then young) and was captivated by her eyes.   Years later, I was commissioned to paint her using some photos taken of her when I first saw her.   With that backstory, it is exciting that Trevor's painting is finished.


Several photos were discussed for the painting.  Ultimately, the photo with his beautiful face won the heart of his owner to be used as the primary reference photo.   

Each painting request received as a commission is an honor.  There is an incredible feeling of purpose when painting another person's pets.   Thank you Barb for having me paint Trevor.

I asked Barb to share some of information about Trevor and here are her thoughts reflecting on his life with her:


6/7/2020

Today I said good bye to my beloved Trevor. Morrigan Party LIghts CDX, RE, AXJP, OAP, OF. He was born 4-22-07 to my heart dog Jenna and Pam Gale's Bagger. He was the 4th born from the Party litter. I named him Trevor because it means wise in Irish! He was the dog who challenged me to learn to be a better trainer, better dog owner and better person He had a love of life that was unparalleled and taught me so much about enjoying the moment, He has been my demo dog in obedience for years to show students what an awesome obedient dog you can have in a large dog. Trevor's greatest love was agility. He did not need treats or toys. He just loved the sport. Whether he missed a jump or weave entry he just loved to run. I had posted that Trevor has been sick off on on since March. My goal was to give him what ever quality of life I could give him. He still wanted to go for walks and play with his Frisbee even up until yesterday.. Today he told me he was ready to go to the rainbow bridge and be with his mom. He was such a special boy. My heart is broken




No comments: