Monday, March 11, 2019

Liz

This is a painting of Liz.  She is no longer with us, but definitely she is there in the hearts of those who knew and loved her.

http://www.dawnsecord.com


I asked her owner to share a little bit about Liz.  Here is what she told me:
       
    She is the sister to BIS Sh Ch. Quinniver's Old Time Rock N Roll.  The best "girlfriend" ever!     I miss her terribly.


It is always a heart tugger for me to paint a dog that is no longer with us.   It is an honor and so very important to give the dog's owner a special painting that will touch their hearts in a personal and tender way.   Having lost dogs myself over the years, it is an unspoken bond I hold with the dog's owner.   The pain can take your breath away and time stands still.   For me, the pain doesn't lesson with time, I simply learn to deal with it.   There are times, years after losing a dog, unexpectedly I break out in tears.    When a person asks me to paint their dog that has passed, it is personal for me.



Thank you Pam for having me paint your special girl.

No comments: