Thursday, July 21, 2011

Brown Pelican - Original Painting



I recently finished this painting of Brown Pelican. The reference photos were taken on the Santa Barbara, California pier. We had our dog, Bailey, with us. That photo is bittersweet as we lost Bailey several years ago at almost age 13. He was such a great dog.

The painting is on Wallis Sanded pastel paper. I started with an under painting of lightly laid pastel which was then brushed over with terpenoid to cover the entire surface of the Wallis. Almost all my paintings, oil or pastel, have an under painting or colored surface to start out with.

Birds always fascinate me and I love painting them. This painting measures 9" x 12" without the frame and is available for purchase. If interested in it, please email me at fff@linkline.com.

No comments: