Monday, June 27, 2011

Work day but kinda play day

I've been painting some beach scenes with dogs and wanted some more beach / ocean reference material. In addition, I needed some beach scenes for some future landscape paintings.

Yesterday was an absolutely perfect beach day. So, my husband and I packed up a picnic lunch, my camera and Faith (our youngest dog) and headed to the beach.

One of the beach cities we visited was actually having an art competition and had artists set up with paintings in a formal art fair environment. We had a blast. Faith was a big hit and gave lots of kisses. The beach photos I took for reference material were awesome. What a great day! Southern California - can't beat the weather!

1 comment:

Deb said...

That is a fabulous photo. So happy I came across your blog. I am a cat-sitter for 16 years now and love it more each day. Love your paintings. Hugs, Deb=^..^=x4