Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Gallery SoHo Exhibit




The opening exhibit for the Gallery SoHo was on Saturday night. It was a fun event. My husband and I took my parents to the opening as a treat and then afterwards we all went out to dinner and celebrated Valentine's Day early.

In this exhibit I entered mostly still life pieces. The paintings are all done in pastel on various surfaces. On of the pieces, "Influences of Fuchsia", was done on pastel paper with a base color of each subjects complimentary color. If you look closely you can see the complimentary colors peeking out. A piece, one of my favorites, "One Hot Pepper", is done on lightly sanded La Carte paper.

There are a few puppy paintings in the mix, "I See You", (Boxer pup) which is included in a recently published book of pastel artists "Best Of America Pastel Volume II" and "Give me a Hug" featuring a Basset Hound puppy.

Thanks for taking a peek!

No comments: