Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Irish Setter Puppy "Wanna Play"


This is the fourth and final puppy painting for my upcoming exhibit at the Pinnell Gallery.

The painting's model is an Irish Setter puppy who runs our home and is in charge of all the toy inventory. Monet was about four months old when I took this photo of her on our patio. It was late afternoon and the sun was shining on her at an angle. The shadows cast by the setting sun on this feisty puppy were amazing. It has been two years since I took that photo. I knew it would be a perfect painting some day and that day has come.

Monet's slogan for life is "Wanna Play". She is always up - always happy and always stealing toys. Actually, I "toyed" with the idea of naming the painting "Mine".

If you live in Southern California I would love to see you at the exhibit. Here is the information: Pinnell Gallery, 124 N. Main Street, Fallbrook, CA 92028. Phone: 760-728-8870.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Monet's painting is gorgeous! It looks a lot like my Irish Setter Horatio when he gets the ball away from his adopted Irish sister Ruby. Jewel how precious, she is. There is nothing in the world better than being able to tell all your problems to an Irish. Thank you for sharing them.

Unknown said...

Dawn this is just precious! I love everything about it but the tilt and the way the lips are folded around the ball are perfect. Great piece and a lovely subject!