Friday, September 17, 2010

"Sonoma Summer" Original Pastel Painting


This painting was rendered in soft pastels (one of my two favorite mediums). My husband and I were recently in Napa, California specifically to photograph vineyards for paintings. This painting was created from photos taken in Sonoma.

The painting will be in an exhibit for mini paintings opening tomorrow in California. All paintings must be 8" x 10" or smaller. This framed painting is approximately 8" x 8" with a professional frame. The painting is available (pending sales at the gallery that I am unaware of) for $325.00.

My cat, Cash, was very jealous of me looking at photos while painting that were on my computer screen. So the little bugger sat behind the screen giving me the "eye". Was tempted to put him in the painting!

No comments: