Thursday, June 10, 2010

Oconowoc, Wisconsin - Day Four

No rain for the art booth! What a huge relief. Hopefully the weather will continue to cooperate for all those involved - art booth or dog exhibitor.

I showed Drew (Willowbrook Artists Rendition) today in the American Bred Class under Judge Sid Marx. The class was a total of 16 entries with one absence (that I know of). Drew showed his little heart out and made the cut. It was humbling to stand in the ring and watch so many beautiful animals exit.

When all was said and done, Mr. Marx pulled his four placements and then called out for Drew and put him 5th place in line. He then directed the remaining exhibitors to fill in the gap and sent us all around the ring one more time.

While it would have been more than thrilling to leave the ring with a ribbon, making the cut and then being put 5th in line was more than exciting. Thank you to Mr. Marx for giving my young boy a nice nod. I'll put pictures up as soon as I get them off my camera.

No comments: