Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Pug Portrait is Finished


Pugsley is finished! Pugsley, the Pug, was so much fun to paint. He is always sitting in the garden surrounded by flowers so Pug's owners wanted his portrait to include an atmosphere of him being outside with a few flowers. I didn't want the flowers to become a focal point so I had a hint of pink behind him with just a few flowers loosely implied in front of him.

The upper part of the composition is light to be in contrast with his dark mask. The lower part of the composition is dark to have a contrast with his light fawn coloring.

Thank you for taking a peek at my work.

I will be putting a larger image of this painting on my website at http://www.dawnsecord.com/pug.html. The painting may not be up for a few days - so please check back if the link doesn't work.

Have a great day!

Dawn Secord



No comments: