Friday, February 6, 2009

Art Show at the Dog Show - Annual Art Exhibit


On this past Monday, 2/2/09, I received my acceptance letter from the Art Show at the Dog Show.

This is a prestigious exhibit of canine works to be displayed March thru April in Kansas City, Kansas. For more information please go directly to their website at http://www.artshowatthedogshow.com/.

This juried show is the 23rd annual exhibit. It is always wonderful to view the works submitted and various winners. The collection of work is from many wonderful canine artists and to be included is an honor in and of itself.

Painting is my passion - as is showing my dogs. I can never tire of the exhilaration of watching a painting come to life - and I can not imagine tiring of gaiting around the rings with my dogs. The joy is in the act - whether painting or showing. Anything above or beyond that is icing on the cake. The joy is in simply being there.

Thank you to the judges who juried my work into the show. The piece I entered is of two English Setter puppies gazing outside their window into a forested area with a meadow beyond. The original of this painting will be in the exhibit, however, limited edition prints are for sale on my website. You are also welcome to call my studio toll free to purchase 866-393-7111.

To see more of my work please go to my website at http://www.dawnsecord.com/

No comments: